Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thing 77 Shave My Chest

Admittedly it's not a lot of chest hair to begin with. But it was mine dammit...

I went on a two week holiday to Australia last year - it was all I could get in the way of time off. I don't know if it's the same everywhere else in the world on a sun holiday (I've not been on many), but there was alot of Ken-Dolls at the beach. I don't mean toys. I mean dudes who had designer stubble and absolutely hairless chests. Apparently lots of guys wax and or shave their chests. It's sexy apparently... I'm asking for some ladies opinions here, but I really don't think that a hairless torso can be attractive for anyone? Correct me if I'm wrong...
Mind you, there's nothing sexy about a slightly chubby guy with shaving foam on his near bare chest. I started with the electric razor (because, you know, there's so much hair there - ahem). Then I took the wet razor to it. It's nothing short of bizarre. If there are lots of people out there, how do they do this on a regular basis? I also nearly lost a couple of nipples. And they're the only two that I have. I can't even afford to lose one.

I understand that there's a certain amount of effort that should be put into personal grooming. Showering. Shaving. Maybe a bit of hair gel if you've the luck to still have your locks. Mansteuriser? Not my cup of tea but the Token Northy and Pony Boy think it's okay. This is a stretch too far though. What could possible make this worth the risk of losing a nipple?
So now I've got my sad-face. Cos I'm hairless on my chest, and when I go to the beach this Saturday I'm going to look like someone who shaves his chest because he thinks it looks good. Stupid Project...

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never ever do that again! Real men have hairy chests! It looked good! And now look at you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting married in less than three weeks to a very hairy chested man, I wouldn't have it any other way. But I do know women who love hair free chests, but I think they mean naturally hairy chests. I don't know any women who like men who take personal grooming too seriously.

    PS I'm loving your blog It's great to see a new Limerick blog out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to have my chest shaved for an ECG once. I say shaved, but the nurse just ripped the hairs off of me with the sticky pads from the machine. So not really the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, Barbie! Without chesthair you looks just like a plastic baby doll! Listen to your woman again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. horrible sacrilege. Hairy is great. Smooth is sad

    ReplyDelete