Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thing 71 Bed Jumping

I do love the internet phenomena. I was crazy about Extreme Facedown. I also love Bed Jumping. Here's some more info if you need it... Bed Jumping Awesomeness. Click on that if you've got the time. Effectively, it's just an excuse to behave like a ten year old. So we did... And my, my, my how that was fun. Ten o'clock on a random Wednesday evening, if you're bored, may I suggest moving about some mattresses and going nuts...
Backwards. Looks like I'm an extra in a martial arts movie, and someone just kicked me out of the way. Remember the Foot Soldiers from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
World Cup Fever grips the Token Northy. He does seem stunned to be using his head. I guess it's not that common a thing for Gaelic Footballers.
But the Goalie gets a hand to it... and claws it away. Acrobatics from the 'Keeper there. You'd wonder why he's got a leather bracelet on though. Seems stupid for a goalie.
Is it The Worm? It looks kind of like The Worm? But it's not. It's just the Token Northy about to face-plant himself. For our amusement.
I think the word you're looking for now, is majestic. The Canuck's head is made entirely of concrete stuffed with old comic books, so he can't hurt himself really, but you'd like to think that one was going to end badly... Look at Pony Boy in the background... choreographer extraordinaire.
You can just see him ending up with his head stuck in the mattress, and his feet sticking up in the air. Think Wile E Coyote... Except Canadian...
The Bomb Dive. I sail majestically through the air. Like a brick. Except fatter. And with socks.
You've to love The Canuck's commitment to the cause. That's what being a gymnast will give you. Perfect form. The judges love it.
The judges are not so keen on that one. The ladies are though... look at that "come-to-bed-with-me" facial expression. It'll keep you awake tonight, when you might have preferred some sleep.
Now, if we're going to talk about facial expressions, Pony Boy is your only man. Look at that. Even though you know it's a staged photo, there's still a part of you that thinks, anyone that determined is probably actually flying...
I want to say that Token Northy looks like a Zen-Master, but actually, he looks slightly constipated. And I'm not sure how well this bed jump will suit his oft-dodgy ankle. But again, look at that face... I'm still weak from laughing.
Time out for some Irish Dancing?? Apparently...
The Canuck earns all manner of approval for this one. Look at how Pony Boy admires this Bruce Lee impression. I dare you not to think this is awesome...
This one has face-plant written all over it. And I wasn't pretty to start with. This cannot help...
And this one shows where it all went wrong... Pushing the boundaries. It's how we roll. Can we fit another body, sailing through the air, onto that single mattress? In the words of the Obama Administration: Yes.

Turns out we were wrong. Token Northy does not like getting a Canuck's heel in his face...

Honestly, I can't recommend this enough. It's pure, unabashed childishness. It's being ten years old, except we're all heavier and if not for work tomorrow, we could have some beers...

In retrospect, the beers might have been a disaster...

3 comments: