Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thing 92 Make a Pizza From Scratch

Alright alright, it doesn't look like much. But it was very tasty. Well, that's kind of a lie; I made two and one of them was very tasty. The other one was that one up there.

I needed a win after yesterday. Something done well and properly to balance out the fail of yesterday. I also needed it to be not-so-strenuous on the body. My pampered lazy ass is not well today. I creak when I move. People are laughing at me. If I was people and people were me, I'd laugh at me too.

And so... homemade pizza.
Those faces are not the faces of disgust, they're the faces of happiness. I realise that this may come as a surprise. The faces are ridiculous.

The pizza in front of Pony Boy is awesome goodness. The one in front of me is meh. Remember meh? It was the word which best summed up my attempt at baking a chocolate cake. I should get a trophy for meh. I make the most meh chocolate cake ever, and a meh pizza to boot. Someone as proficient at mediocre cooking or baking as me, will surely need help...

Pixie Head to the rescue!!! She knows the ways of the ninja chef (I'm fond of putting the word ninja in sentences to increase the wow factor).
Recipe she sent is simple... Which it would have to be. Pro Ev I'm a master of. Crosswords and word puzzles in general are my bread and butter. Culinary skills... ahem. So here's how it's done.

Two cups of flour. A big-spoon of baking powder, quarter of a little-spoon of salt. Half a big-spoon of oil and two-thirds a cup of water. Mix it all up. Add more flower till it's nice and doughy and not sticky. Thoroughly knead it. Roll it out. Nice and thin. Add ingredients. Bung it into a oven pre-heated to 200 degrees - twenty mins ought to do it. I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit, I'm not American.
Ingredients are important. For sauce; bolognese sauce straight from the jar beats the hell out of tomato puree mixed with olive oil (meh pizza had the latter, delicious pizza the former). Adds a nice tasty base. Some cooked meats straight from the pack- chicken, beef, ham and some veg maybe, sweetcorn, onions, peppers. Never put pineapple on it. Ever. Pineapple has no place on a pizza. This is not a debate.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with it. Tasty pizza, and I didn't have to sweat for it. If it's quite okay with you, I'm calling that a win.

6 comments:

  1. Yay :) and F.Y.I pineapple is awesome on pizza :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I think pineapple works in a strange sort of way but I can't help smile when I thinks of a good friend of mine's name for any pizza with pineapple on it, "bastard spawn"

    ReplyDelete
  3. when are yous doing the wet towel shave?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did the towel shave already. For a week I was clean shaven and decent looking, then I got lazy and stopped using my razor again... Now I look like some kind of small yeti...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its very easy to convert from celsius to fahrenheit. You multiply by twelve, take away ten, divide by three and a half (if its an even date, four and a half if its odd), add the square root of the total age of all your siblings and subtract all reason and common sense. Failing that you can just guess a bit.

    ReplyDelete