Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thing 142 Wild Flower Picking

I didn't realise it until today, but I think Tiny Fairy might be my exact opposite. If everything in the Universe is balance, and I'm not saying it is, then Tiny Fairy might actually be the precise exact reverse version of me.

She loves this stuff. Loves walking around in nature. She's a herbalist, so she loves flowers and trees and walking around in the woods. She's content in nature. She makes potions and can heal herself with tea she makes out of stuff that's growing on a river bank. She's like a tiny wood elf (I know, the nerd references must be hard on you).

I like nature. It's fun to look at. From a distance. Preferably on a nice comfortable seat. With my ipod. I like walking around in the woods - with a pellet gun, in camouflage, hunting Token Northy or sniping at The Canuck. I'm at war in the woods. I need constant stimulation. Trees are lovely to look at for a few minutes, but unless they light up and play music after that, then I'm getting bored. I do not make potions. When I get sick I rely on good new fashioned western medicine. If it's got more syllables in it than you can count, and contains 80% of the alphabet, then I'm betting it'll heal me. Drink your nettle tea if you want - it's not for me.
Pictured: Wood elf

I guess the fun thing about The Project is doing stuff I'd never normally do. For example. On a Thursday evening with nothing else to do, and a night shift to hit by midnight - it's coffee and the xbox. Episodes of Friends I've already seen sixty thousand times (Chandler still cracks me up, but Ross has to be the funniest thing about that show). I'd certainly never be walking around a small woods by a river picking wild flowers...

It's nice to see how wood elves live.

Tiny Fairy made me eat leaves she picked, and some of the berries. she could point me in the direction of stuff that's okay to eat, and stuff that'll poison you. I was determined to learn, but I've the attention span of a gnat's fart, so....

Where was I?

Oh yeah. Flowers.

I'm pretty sure that she could survive in the wild on berries and leaves alone. Which is an awesome trait. Not one that I'm ever likely to pick up.


I know they don't look like much. The little bouquet I picked is in its entire glory up at the top there. I gave them to Blond Boss and Clo Bear, because they used to be my old housemates, and it seemed like the Thing to do. Plus I'm not sure PonyBoy, Token Northy and The Frenchman would have appreciated the sentiment quite as much. But it was nice to get out and do something that I just would never have considered a pastime before. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment